Services & Markets
We provide consulting services to public and private entities in markets as diverse as telecommunications, oil and gas development and exploration, major utilities, renewable energy, land development, transportation and all levels of government. These services include civil and structural engineering, land surveying, hydrographic surveying, contract water/wastewater facility operation, and construction phase services (observation, materials testing).
Tower Support Services
As one of northern Michigan's oldest and largest surveying and civil engineering firms GFA is able to offer quick and experienced response to your projects. Our team has been involved in hundreds of cellular communication sites in Michigan and brings over 70 years of combined experience to bear on your projects. Your projects will receive the same professionalism and superior service all our communication clients throughout the region enjoy.
- Surveying: Co-locations, raw land builds, zoning and construction drawing packages, FAA certifications and exhibits, utility eastments, custom CADD mapping, GIS services
- Engineering: engineered sites, access roads, structural assessments, cell towers, water towers, rooftops, foundation assessment and design, environmental reports
- Planning, Permitting and Other: zoning reviews, project representation, GIS services, database construction and management, preliminary site reviews, governmental reviews, permitting, presentation and display materials
From feasibility to final construction
GFA has provided engineering services to countless residential and commercial developments throughout northern Michigan. Residential: If you are looking to make the most out of your residential parcel--whether it's a platted community, manufactured housing development, single-family, master-planned development, site condominiums, or yet-to-be-decided - our team is here to help. Commercial: Business is business, and the goal of any commercial development is to maximize value by minimizing expense. Our veteran development professionals are here to assist you, supported by survey, wastewater and drinking water specialists, materials testing and construction observation professionals to help you guide your project through zoning, permitting, design and construction. Clients and projects include Lowe's, Michael's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Lochenheath, Oleson's Food Stores, Arbors of Traverse, Munson Healthcare, and many more.
- Evaluation and analysis: site selection; feasibility studies and reports; land use and zoning; surveying - mortgage, topo, boundary, alta, wetland delineation and platting
- Planning & Design: site planning/layouts; developmental impact studies; planned unit developments; meeting facilitation; permitting; utilities; water supply; wastewater treatment
- Construction: Bidding; construction oversight; materials testing
Energy Industry Support Services
Our team has been involved in thousands of oil and gas sites in Michigan and brings over 100 years of combined experience to bear on your projects. Our clients include major regional and national companies. Our goal is to exceed our clients' expectations in all facets of our service offerings. With the ability to field seven (7) survey crews, GFA will respond quickly to your needs, no matter where or what time of year.
Energy Industry Services
- 3D Facility Scans
- Master development plans, mapping
- Field review meeting coordination
- Regulatory agency coordination, compliance
- Project reclassification
- Project planning for well electrification
- Project marketing booklets and maps
- Affiliations: Michigan Oil Gas Association, Ohio Oil and Gas Association
Our clients include major regional and national entities. Services include:
- Surveying: Master development plans; wellsite, pipeline route and easement surveys; as-built and existing pipeline locating; boundary and riparian ownership surveys; topo surveys; aerial mapping, site plans, GIS/lease holding maps; creek and road crossings; construction drawings and lease exhibits; custom CAD services; reef maps; directional/horizontal drilling plan exhibits; processing facility maps and 3D scans; pipeline easements; site-specific soil erosion and sedimentation control plans; rig elevations
- Engineering: Site design, including storwmater
- Permitting: wetland permit applications; US Army Corps of Engineers permits; drilling permit applications; soil erosion plans; well and project plans; survey records of well locations